It's never to late to follow goals no matter what month it is...
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did last year.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree….
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything…
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change…
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come…
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Before you know it the New Year will be here. I wanna chat a little about those trends in 2012 that we’d rather not take with us into 2013. Thanks to celebrities (and bloggers too) there’s a few that have been overworked, mishandled, and abused. I polled my twitter family and here’s our top 6 trends we’re planning to kill off this year–soap opera style.
Feather Accessories. Although my twitter followers all agreed I am on the fence with this trend. Depending on how it’s styled I’ve seen a few feathers on the runway that have me swooning for it. So much so, I even purchased a feather necklace. I think it’s just those darn feather earrings that rock my nerves.
False Lashes. I seriously blame the advertisement industry for creating those super unrealistic standards of long voluminous lashes. All those beauty commercials have really got some folks twisted about what’s right and wrong. Unless it’s your birthday, or a photo shoot, or you’re sporting them on the red carpet, it’s a total overkill. And don’t you hate those girls that put lashes on and think not once to apply foundation? *smacking your hand*
Jeggings. I just don’t understand them … or even why I want pockets, zippers, and exaggerated stitching on my leggings. Just buy a pair of stretch jeans, no?
Frames no lens. Sure you’re not blind like me, but they do make them with just plastic ya know. I wonder if anyone has ever poked themselves in the eye?
Basketball Wives’ Earrings. I really want to write a ‘Dear Basketball Wives-Love And Hip Hop’ post but I feel like it’s a waste. Evelyn, Tami, Jennifer and the rest of those drama queens have just created a monster that my eyes can’t handle anymore. I didn’t mind as much in the beginning. I even own a few pairs myself. Now it’s just… very ‘made in china’.
Sequins UGGS. This trend goes against every thing I believe in. The sequins material is fun, glamorous, and shiny. It’s a great evening accessories. It’s meant to be on a skirt, or a purse, or on a really sexy 5-inch stiletto or pump. But putting this material on UGGS (the UGGliest shoe alive) that’s like the tuxedo tee-shirt? Just makes no sense at all. Like, why!